Sunday 27 March 2011

Who do you look like?

Has anyone ever told you that you looked like somebody else? Who were you told you looked like? Were you happy about the comparison?

Have you ever told someone they looked like somebody else? If so, who did you tell them they looked like? Do you think that the person was happy about the comparison?

I have been told a few times that I looked like someone else. When I was younger and thinner, the comparisons were somewhat flattering. Someone once told me I looked like Jodie Foster. I didn’t mind that comparison because Jodie Foster is a nice looking lady. But as I have gotten fatter, I have liked the comparisons less and less. And that is because as you get fatter, the people you get compared to are fat. And you feel like some of them don’t really look like you, they just look fat. In other words, it didn’t sound like a compliment to me; it was just annoying to be compared to someone else at that point.

Really, think about it. What’s the point of telling someone they look like someone else? If you feel like the person is not going to receive it as a compliment, should you tell them who you think they look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment